- Transatlantic Relations during the Cold War & the post-Cold War years.
- International Relations and Geopolitics in the 20th and 21st century.
- Impact of American hegemony, the ‘war on terror’ and US foreign policy
initiatives on the contemporary world; in particular on Europe but also on SE
Asia, the Middle East (Gulf states, Egypt) and Central Asia.
- The history and politics of European integration in past and present, including the
Euro crisis and its repercussions.
- British contemporary history and politics, incl. Britain & European integration.
- Winston Churchill: World War II, the Cold War, Churchill & Europe.
- German-American, German-British & Anglo-American relations during the Cold
War & the post-Cold War years
- American foreign relations & domestic politics since 1945.
- German foreign relations & domestic politics, post-1945 and post-1990; Germany
in the 20th century.
- International Economic Relations in the 20th and 21st century.